Happy New Year 2010

Happy New Year 2010...

It was only a few days after I celebrate New Year (so-called celebrate even if me and Manet stayed at home watching tv) when out of nowhere G asked me THE question. And there goes my romantic proposal which is sooooo not romantic at all. It's weird all of a sudden. I've seen friends and families got married and I never once thought I would joining the bandwagon. I've always wonder how does one know that it is the right time and it is the right person. I know mummy and daddy know G and is okay with him being with me but seriously deep down I'm still scared. Things that happened to me all this while played by itself all over again like a broken record. The what ifs came back like it never left. All of that seems like a mystery itself. What did I tell him? I told him as long as we do it the right way, I'm fine. Generic answer which doesn't seem to convince him enough. I keep asking myself questions and I keep praying that 1 day I'll find the answer. I always believe that God has His way around us and I gave my life up to Him to decide what is best and who is best. I just hope that my decision is not a wrong one and my sacrifice is not a wrong one either.

Planning has to start now if we want it to be this year. Trust me, it's not easy to cramp a year's preparation into something that is like 3 4 months. It has to start with a theme...which I really have no idea at all. But... I was lucky that Acu is willing to be my wedding planner. So that saves me a hell loads of time. All I need to do is do the checklist and make sure everything runs smoothly without any hiccups. Even if it's not going to be the dream wedding I always dream of (ceremony in St. Paul's London, a ride in a Bentley or Rolls Royce), at least I want it to have a personal touch to it. Down to the very small detail. Simple and sweet and it has to be a story I will tell my children one day. So, who say a 1 year planning cannot be cramp into a 3 4 months work? You are dealing with a Project Manager here, darling. Anything can happen. If it's according to schedule.

The gown. I have exactly what I want in my mind for the gown. It won't  be the normal typical boring type of wedding gown. It'll be simple, sweet, elegant and chic altogether. Not much details on it. It'll be something like a cross between Merlin and Lord of the Rings. I just want to blow everyone present in church away by it...especially G. I don't care much about the hand bouquet because the dress speaks for itself. Maybe a stalk of lily will add to the accessory. Anyhow, we'll see about the updates. I know Acu is like super excited already about her new task. That is the least I can do for her to get her mind of some guy who broke her heart.

0 comments: